For the next 30 days, I am challenging you to join me and a bunch of my busy girlfriends as we embark on the first ever #bodylovebookchallenge!
Who is ready to join the sweat and sip challenge???
- Sweat: Move for a minimum of 30 minutes each day, preferably first thing in the morning before you sip. Choose your favorite workout; from a neighborhood walk to a sweaty hot yoga or HIIT class.
- Sip: Enjoy a post workout #fab4smoothie! Follow the formula, making sure to include all Fab Four components and keeping fruit to a 1/4 cup or less.
THE GOODS: Oh, and we're picking a winner! (OVER $2000 Value)
- One-on-one nutrition session with me!
- A Hedley & Bennett Apron
- A VITAMIX A3500 Ascent Series
- A Staub Dutch Oven
- $250 Whole Foods Giftcard
- $100 to Dry Bar
- 5 SoulCycle Classes
- Follow @hedleyandbennett & @bewellbykelly
- Use the hashtags #bodylovebookchallenge & #apronadventures to share your smoothie and/or workout.
- Share via IG, IG Stories or Facebook as little or as much as you like just make sure you tag us!
- I suggest taking a few pictures or measurements when you start!
WHY THE FAB FOUR? (Protein, Fat, Fiber & Greens) Fab Four meals turn off hunger hormones, squelch inflammation, and provide the body with the perfect complete meal of essential nutrients. The Fab Four is the light structure for eating healthy without “eat" and "do not eat" lists. Simply look at your plate and ask yourself do I have all four components? Protein ups collagen, muscle tone, and metabolism; fat benefits hormones, skin, and cellular health, fiber promotes gut microbiome proliferation and detoxification; and greens (or veggies deep in color) provide cancer and inflammation fighting phytonutrients. This combination is a fail-safe to turn off over 8 hunger hormones in the body so you stop fighting not to eat and instead easily go 4-6 hours without thinking of food or snacking on processed foods.
WHY FAB FOUR SMOOTHIE: I created the Fab Four Smoothie formula to help my clients learn how to build a low sugar meal replacement smoothie. This is very different from the many juice shops, grocery smoothie bars and smoothie recipes online, which can be, loaded with sugar, specifically fructose sugar from excess fruit, agave, dates, and juice. When it comes to energy, skin health, and weight loss the #fab4smoothie is the key! For some new clients, I spare them the science and simply ask them to start every day with a Fab Four Smoothie and within the first week I am getting exciting texts about how their skin is glowing, energy is high and the scale is down. The Fab Four smoothie limits fruit and instead helps you fill up on protein, fat, fiber and greens which naturally help to elongate and balance your blood sugar curve.
This combination keeps you from crashing before lunch and sabotaging your healthy eating efforts. When you arrive at your next meal "alive" you can easily make conscious decisions to put the Fab Four on your next plate.
Looking to kick chocolate cravings? Start with a Chocolate Collagen protein, almond butter, and flax seed smoothie, sneak in a handful of spinach you won’t event taste it! Looking to increase nutrition? Make my spa smoothie the recipe includes vanilla pea protein, avocado, chia cucumber, spinach and a squeeze of lemon. Not a fan of super green smoothies? Opt for a small handful of microgreens they contain up to 14x the nutrition of the full grown plant without the bitter flavor. Looking for better Gut Health? Constipation? You need to keep things moving! Choose MCT oil to kill off candida or Flax oil to alleviate constipation.
Looking for more smoothie recipes? My book Body Love has a whole chapter of #fab4smoothie recipes including a number of completely fruit free smoothies too!
PROTEIN+ FAT+ FIBER + GREENS + LIQUID + FRUIT (1/4 cup or less optional)
PROTEIN: 1 serving or 20 g of protein Organic pea, grassfed whey, bone broth or collagen
FAT: 1 tbsp. minimum per serving Almond Butter, Coconut oil, Avocado, Walnuts, MCT Oil – flavorless medium chain triglyceride oil from coconut or Sunflower butter
FIBER: 1-2 tbsp or 10 g of fiber Chia Seeds, Flax or Acacia.
GREENS: handful Kale, Spinach, Cucumber, Parsley, Cilantro etc
OPTIONAL FRUIT: ¼ cup maximum per serving Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Acai
LIQUID: 6-8 oz per serving Unsweetened Almond Milk, Coconut Water (only acceptable for fruit free smoothies) Coconut Milk, Plain Water
FAB FOUR SMOOTHIE IDEAS:
1) Chocolate Almond Butter (ie: chocolate protein+chia+almond butter+almond milk)
2) Chocolate Cacao (add nibs)
3) Chocolate Walnut
4) Chocolate Raspberry
5) Chocolate Coconut Oil
6) Vanilla Almond Butter
7) Vanilla Cinnamon Coconut
8) Vanilla Spinach Apple (ie: vanilla protein+flax+spinach+apple+coconutoil+coconutmilk)
9) Vanilla Kale Apple Avocado
10) Vanilla Blueberry Spinach
11) Chocoalte Avocado Spinach