- 4 cups chicken bone broth (vegetable broth optional)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or algae oil
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee (avocado oil optional)
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Tuscan kale (ribs removed)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes (chopped with seeds removed)
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
Heat the avocado oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and sweat until they begin to soften, approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add thyme and oregano and salt and stir for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add the broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the kale, tomatoes, carrots, celerly, white beans and the broth. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the vegetables are warm, approximately 20 minutes.