- 1 ½ cups black beans (or one can, drained – low salt is best but regular old black beans will do)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts or walnuts as topping (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a 9’x9” brownie pan with parchment paper & lightly spray the paper with olive oil.
2. Puree the black beans in a food processor fitted with a steel blade until smooth. Add the coconut oil, almond butter, eggs, and vanilla and pulse a few times.
3. Then, add the coconut sugar, cocoa and coconut flour and mix well. Fold in baking powder and blend just until mixed. Gently stir in the remaining cup of chocolate chips.
4. Pour it all into the prepared pan and, if you’re feeling nutty, top with hazelnuts or walnuts. Bake for about 25 minutes. Serve warm.