Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo?! We have the perfect recipe. This healthy Shrimp Taco Bowl from Kelly LeVeque of Be Well By Kelly will appease your taste buds and omega 3 needs. This shrimp taco bowl puts a twist in the traditional taco salad. YUM. The best part about a slaw is it can be made and dressed ahead of time and shrimp cooks up in just a few quick minutes.
- 8-10 deveined medium shrimp
- Taco seasoning (½ tbsp-smoked paprika, ¼ tbsp. chili powder ¼ tsp cayenne, salt & pepper)
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 6 sliced grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- ¼ cup sliced red pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 3 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1 lime
- 3 tbsp water
Rub shrimp with taco seasoning. Sautéed Shrimp in frying pan for 6-8 minutes flipping until opaque throughout.
In a small bowl, whisk salad ingredients. In a large salad bowl, add all veggies and avocado. Pour dressing and toss to coat. Top salad with spicy hot shrimp and enjoy.