It makes my mouth water even writing this recipe. Do yourself a favor and shovel a little slaw and pork onto a yam chip for the perfect bite.
BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1 pork loin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 cup organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup favorite gluten free barbecue sauce
- In a slow cooker, mix broth, maple syrup, cumin and paprika. If you like it hot, mix in the cayenne as well.
- Add pork loin and cook on high for 4 hours. (or on low for 8 hours)
- If you like your BBQ pork sticky, drain the juices from the slow cooker. Add bbq sauce and with two forks shred and mix the pork.
- For a lighter sauce, only add 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce to liquid in slow cooker, shred and serve.
- 1 cup shredded Cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded brussel sprouts (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded multicolor organic carrots
- 4 tbsp BeWELL Ranch
- In a large bowl, rinse and drain shredded vegetables.
- Drizzle with BeWELL ranch and mix to coat.
Japanese Yam Chips
- 1 Japanese yam
- 2 tbsp leaf lard, bacon grease or ghee
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice Yams to 1/4 inch think.
- Place on a baking sheet and dress with leaf lard, mix to coat. (leaf lard roasts vegetables to a crispy and dry)
- Bake for 18 minutes, flip and bake for 10 additional minutes.