- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lb mussels
- 1 cup white organic, sulfite-free wine
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
1. Sauté garlic and onion in 2 tbsp olive oil for 2-3 min until translucent.
2. Add mussels and stir to coat.
3. Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup white wine and 2 tbsp butter, cover and bring to a boil.
4. Cook 3-5 minutes gently shaking pot once or twice until all mussels open. (Discard any that don't open)
5. Add loads of fresh herbs and S&P.