Plain, Spinach and Beet Hummus
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 1 can Garbanzo beans
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Handful of spinach
- 2-3 red beets
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- a few olives
- handful of peeled, unsalted pistachios
- Drain 3/4 of garbanzo bean can, then place beans in a food processor. Blend with garlic. Add olive oil and blend until desired consistency.
- Remove 1/3 of hummus and place in bowl or container. Set aside. Top with olives.
- Add spinach to food processor and blend until smooth. Remove 1/3 of hummus and place in bowl/container. Set aside. Top with hemp hearts.
- Add beets gradually to food processor and blend until desired consistency. Hummus should appear pink or reddish. Place beet hummus in bowl and set aside. Top with pistachios.
- Serve with crudite or flax crackers - whatever you prefer.