Yum—perfect for watching the game at home or tailgating.
Makes 8 to 10 servings (1 cup each)
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium white onion
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground buffalo meat
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- Avocado chunks, for serving
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent. Add the meat, breaking it up into small pieces with a spoon as it cooks. Stir in the chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne, cumin, salt, and black pepper and cook until the meat is evenly browned about 6 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, broth, and bell pepper and stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
3. Serve with avocado chunks alongside, and enjoy!