With three times the caffeine as normal steeped green tea, matcha is a natural energy booster and has been shown to combat chronic fatigue. Matcha is a very good source of the amino acid L-theanine, important for alertness and cognitive function. Matcha also stimulates the mind without inducing drowsiness, unlike the caffeine crash that some experience after too much coffee.
- 2 cups almonds
- 10 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp matcha
- Combine almonds, water, and salt and let soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the almonds and peel the skin off.
- Add four cups of water and 1 cup of almonds to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a nut milk bag and squeeze out the liquid.
- Add milk back into the blender, add matcha, and blend.
- To serve, add stevia to taste.