Mayo isn’t bad, processed foods are bad. This recipe is fail proof, be patient and bring your ingredients to room temp.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 cup light-tasting olive oil (Not extra virgin, or Avocado Oil)
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (room temp)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crack the egg into the blender (food processor or whisk by hand) and add the lemon juice. (if they aren’t at room temp wait up to 60 minutes)
- Add the dry mustard, salt and blend for 15 seconds.
- With blender on slowly begin to pour the 1/4 cup of the oil in a slow steam.
- Blend until well mixed – about 20 to 30 seconds.