The crunch and savory goodness of this dish will make it a weeknight go-to meal.
Makes 2 to 4 servings
- 1 pound raw wild shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 to 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or GF alternative
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen mayonnaise (I prefer Primal Mayo because its eggs are pasture-raised and avocado oil contains very little sugar)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (from about 1/2 cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other high-smoke-point oil
- 1 butter lettuce head, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, coat the shrimp with the taco seasoning.
2. In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lime juice and whisk until thinned. Add the cabbage and mix to coat.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Place the lettuce leaves on a plate and use them as taco “shells,” layering in the shrimp, slaw, avocado, and cilantro. Squeeze the lime wedges on top and serve.