An after dinner cocktail doesn’t need to full of sugar and empty calories. The Brentwood Russian is a new twist on an old cocktail. Created by a loving group of friends on a cold night, this low sugar alternative won’t disappoint. Looking for even less sugar and the same flavor swap the Kahlua for cold pressed coffee. If you swap for cold brew this cocktail will only run you 80 calories.
- 2/3 ounce Coffee Liquor (Optional: swap cold pressed coffee concentrate just beware of caffeine after dinner)
- 1 2/3 ounces Vodka
- 2 oz ounces Fresh Almond or Coconut Milk
Serving: 1 cocktail
- In a short glass with ice, add coffee liquor, vodka and almond milk. Stir to mix.
1) Pumpkin Spiced Cocktail (Recipe Link) by To Live & Diet in LA @whitneylenglish
This healthy holiday cocktail is full of antioxidant-packed pumpkin and metabolism-boosting cinnamon, and with only 90 calories a glass and 1 gram of sugar it totally falls on Santa's "nice" list. Made with spiced whiskey or rum, it's a "skinny" drink that even your manly beau will love.
2) Strawberry Shortcake Jello Shot (Recipe Link) Fresh Fit N Healthy @freshfitnhealthy
Typically holiday cocktails use creamy, high fat or sugar mixers, but these little guys use only low sugar, fat-free gelatin and water as the "mixer", keeping the calories and fat WAY down! Served in a strawberry or not, these will make a #freshfitnhealthy table top addition to any holiday party :)
3) The Naughty Reindeer (Recipe Link) The Super Sisters @supersisterfitness
This skinny cocktail from my friends Liz & Sara over at SuperSisterFitness.com is a deliciously sweet yet subtle fizzy drink with hints of warm blood orange and cinnamon spice.
Plus, how adorable do these look?
It's best to serve your Naughty Reindeers in tall champagne flutes, similar to the long slender faces of Santa’s four-legged crew, but you can really use any glass you have on hand for these fun fizzy drinks.
Channel your inner Martha Stewart with this cutesy cocktail, a guaranteed crowd pleaser that'll get everyone in the holiday spirit!
4) Holiday Moscow Mule (Recipe Link) by Love Sweat and Fitness
Put a little holiday cheer in your glass with this skinny take on a Moscow Mule. The LSF version uses Gingerade Kombucha, making it only 120 calories & less than 2g of sugar per cocktail. Yes Please!