This dish is an easy one to make on the run. Head to your local grocery store or fish purveyor to pick up some sushi-grade salmon, add the grapefruit, avocado, and lemon juice, and you have an instant meal or hearty appetizer!
Makes 2 servings
- ½ pound sushi-grade salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into small cubes
- 1 pink grapefruit, suprêmed (see Note)
- 1 red radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pink Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper
1. On two serving plates, layer the salmon, avocado, grapefruit suprêmes, and radish, dividing them evenly.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, grapefruit juice, and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the crudo and serve.
4. Note: To suprême a grapefruit (or any citrus), cut a slice from one end of the grapefruit so it will stand flat on your cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut the peel and white pith away, leaving as much fruit behind as you can. Working over a bowl, cut along the grapefruit segments to release them from the membrane, letting them drop into the bowl as you go. You can use the juice that collects in the bowl for the crudo dressing!