Start your Thanksgiving meal with this fiber and allium filled Pumpkin Soup!
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 large or 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon, 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg and 1/2 Teaspoon Ground or fresh Ginger (or) 1 heaping tablespoon of pumpkin pie seasoning.
- 1 15 Ounce Cans Pumpkin Puree
- 2 cups Vegetable or chicken bone Broth
- 1/4 cup of Cashews or coconut milk
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent and aromatic over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add spices, stirring for 1-2 min until aromatic.
- Add pumpkin and broth.
- Bring your pot to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour into your stainless steel and blend with 1/4 cup of cashews.
- Salt to taste and enjoy!