Serve up all the Thanksgiving flavors with this quick and delicious weeknight meal!
- 2 (1-pound) delicata squash, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon organic garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Rub the squash halves with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season the insides with salt and pepper. Set them cut-side up in a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent 4 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the turkey, garlic salt, paprika, and cumin and cook until the turkey is cooked through (usually about 4-5 minutes) breaking it up as needed. Add the kale and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until softened.
- Take the pan off the heat. Stir in the tahini and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the turkey mixture among the squash halves (they should be generously full). Sprinkle with chives and serve a squash half to each person.