This dish is great for a casual get-together or a bigger party. Roasted asparagus is the perfect accompaniment.
- Leaves from 3 thyme sprigs, chopped
- Leaves from 2 rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 (1½-pound) rack of lamb (8 ribs)
- ½ cup organic red wine
- 2 cups packed spinach
Pistachio- Mint Pesto
- ½ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup packed fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Make the lamb: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and the lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Trim some fat from the rack of lamb and rub it on all sides with the herb mixture.
- In a large cast-iron pan or other oven-safe skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the lamb and sear for 2 minutes per side. Add the wine and place the pan in the oven. Roast the lamb until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (medium-rare), about 10 minutes. Let the lamb rest for a few minutes before slicing into chops.
- While the lamb is roasting, make the pesto: Combine all the pesto ingredients in high-speed blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
- Serve the lamb chops with the pesto drizzled on top.