Starting your day with a high protein meal has shown to decrease hunger levels throughout the rest of the day. Here is a high protein breakfast that I love to whip up when I am craving something sweet but still want to start my day with over 20 grams of protein.
1 ½ cup greek yogurt
¼ cup vanilla protein powder
¼ cup coconut flour
2 tbsp of Unsweetened Almond milk - add up to ¼ cup almond milk to thin to desired consistency.
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp ghee (or grass-fed butter)
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix on low/medium speed.
- Mix in additional almond milk if you like thinner pancakes.
- In a large fry pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp. of ghee or grass-fed butter.
- Pour batter into pan forming 2-3 inch circles.
- Flip after 1-2 minutes. Cook both sides to liking.
- Serve with grass-fed butter and organic maple syrup.