Start your day with this healthy breakfast with extra veggies and fiber to feel full and satisfied.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp shallot
- 1-2 pieces of sliced roasted red & yellow pepper (Trader Joes)
- 1/ cup spinach
- ¼ cup basil
- 2 tbsp goat cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Sweat chopped shallot (or onion) in ghee until translucent.
- Add red pepper and sauté for 1 min.
- Whisk 4 eggs together in a small bowl.
- Pour eggs over shallot and peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle spinach leaves on top of of eggs.
- Flip omelet add goat cheese and cook for an additional 1 minute. Fold and plate.
- Add chopped basil and a few goat cheese crumbles to the top of omelet. Serve warm.