It’s not even Halloween and I just perfected our Christmas salad, it’s never too early right? The red pomegranate and green mint give this salad Christmas wreath vibes and a refreshing bit. It would be perfect for a holiday luncheon topped with simple organic chicken or as a starter salad for the main meal.
- 6 cups mixed greens and red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup mint, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pomegranate seeds
- 2-4 tbsp goat cheese or a nut-based crumbly white cheese
- 1/4 cup dry roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp honey (I use beekeepers naturals) (optional)
- Start by adding all of the dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Thinly chop your vegetables and place all of the salad ingredients into a large serving bowl.
- Coat and toss the salad with the dressing.