If you are like me, then you might have grown up on pizza pockets. So, I recreated them using the Fab Four method by adding some greens, sneaking in extra veggies, upping the protein, and using grain-free tortillas.There are so many flavor combinations you can make with this recipe to accommodate your kid's taste preference. For the full video, head over to Instagram to see the breakdown of how I put together Bash's lunch to keep his blood sugar balanced, feed his gut microbiome, and expose him to new fruits and veggies.
- Mild Italian Sausage
- Applegate Turkey Peperoni
- 1/4 cup White Onion
- 1/4 cup bell peppers
- Avocado Oil
- Primal Kitchen Pizza Sauce
- Cashew Cheese
- Almond Flour tortilla by Siete
- Steamed Broccoli
- Grapes- cut in half
- 1/2 banana-sliced
- Cherry tomatoes-cut in half
- Sauté mild Italian sausage, Turkey pepperoni, onion, pepper, mushroom and spinach with a little avocado oil until cooked and soft (4-6min).
- Then, pour a few tbsp of Primal Kitchen pizza sauce into the pan and stir to warm it up.
- In another pan, toast up the tortilla, sprinkle with cashew cheese and as it is melting, spoon the saucy sausage and veggies mixture onto the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half and transfer it to a cutting board to cool and cut.
- Next, add your pizza pocket to a bento box style lunch box. Fill the rest of the compartments with other colorful whole foods, such as grapes, tomatoes, banana, and broccoli.