It’s that time of year again and nothing is easier than my version of the Mississippi Pot Roast!
- Bring a chuck roast to room temperature - season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on all sides.
- Sear all sides in a dutch oven in 2 tbsp of grass-fed butter or ghee. If you like a thicker gravy, coat the chuck roast in cassava flour with the seasoning before you sear.
- Add 4-6 pepperoncinis and 1/2 cup of your favorite ranch dressing to the roast.
- Cover and slow cook for 6 hours. I slow cook in a dutch oven in my Breville mini oven, but a slow cooker works great too.
- After 4 hours, add all your favorite veggies: carrot, celery, onion, potatoes of any kind and continue roasting.
- At the 6 hour mark, shred and it's ready to serve.