The heat of the tagine season is mellowed by this yellow creamy sweet carrot soup and finished with a cleansing ginger bite.
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1lb pound carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp salt
- Avocado Oil
- Organic Tagine Seasoning (or add a 1 tbsp of Paprika and a ½ tsp of the following: Cinnamon, Turmeric, Ginger, Chili Pepper, Black Pepper & Cardamom
- Set a 4-quart stock pot over medium-high heat and add ghee, ginger, garlic and carrots, stirring occasionally until the carrots are coated and garlic and ginger are fragrant, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and add ½ cup raw cashews, blend for 4 min on high.
- Add additional stock if you want a thinner consistency.
- To serve, garnish with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil per serving and a sprinkling of Tagine seasoning