You will never buy expensive nut butter again. Purchase a big bag of raw walnuts, pecans, almonds or cashews from Wholefoods or Costco and keep them in the freezer to ensure they won’t go rancid. Anytime you want a sweet creamy treat, spread this butter on a stalk celery or slice of apple.
Sweet & Salty Walnut Butter
- 1 cup of frozen raw walnuts (when you process frozen nuts you keep them from heating which preserves the anti-inflammatory oils present in the nuts)
- Sea Salt
- Pulse nuts and 1 tsp of honey in a food processor until a ball of butter forms.
- Add 1 tsp of salt to processor
- Scoop into a bowl and hand mix 1 tsp of sea salt and 1 tsp of raw honey.
* Use this to make any type of butter you love, consider mixing in two type of nuts. (ie: Walnut and Cashew)