Get your grills ready because we are making delicious pesto turkey burgers with a decadent red pepper sauce. These homemade turkey patties burgers are a quick high protein option with lots of fiber & flavor.
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3-4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup whole natural almonds (about 3 ounces), toasted
- 1 cup drained roasted red peppers from jar or freshly roasted
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Chopped Mini Heirloom Tomatoes (or Cherry)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Mix together ground turkey, pesto, garlic, flax meal, and spinach in a bowl until evenly combined and form into 4 patties. Optional- Add 1/2 cup feta to burger mix.
- To create your sauce, start by finely chopping almonds in processor. Add roasted peppers, vinegar, and garlic; process to coarse puree.
- With machine running, pour olive oil through feed tube and process until puree thickens slightly. Move the sauce to a bowl and salt to taste.
- Grill pesto burgers for about 5 minutes per side to make sure they are no longer pink in the middle.
- Plate burger on a bed or arugula or mixed greens and top with red pepper sauce and tomatoes.