This veggie-loaded soup pairs nicely with an Italian Chicken or Turkey meatball, it can be saved in the fridge for 5 days and freezes well. Cabbage is also a nice addition to this soup (add it with the celery, carrot and onion) if you have it on hand.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup large carrot, diced
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 28-ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini diced
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 15-ounce can white beans (optional)
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil and parsley
1. Caramelize garlic, onions, celery, and carrot in olive oil for about 8 minutes on medium-high heat. be careful not to let the garlic burn.
2. Add green beans and oregano stirring for 2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, broth and bring to a boil.
4. Turn down to a simmer and add beans and zucchini.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Top with Parmesan, basil and parsley!