Giana Bakery serves up my all-time favorite finnochio salad, thanks to their thinly sliced fennel, crunchy celery, and delicious dressing. For those who don't live near this Dana Point staple, you can use this copycat recipe to enjoy this delightful arugula salad at home.
- 6 cups Arugula
- 1 cup Fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Shelled Pistachios
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice or the juice of a tangerine - I had the tangerine on hand
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp shallot, minced
- Tsp of black pepper
- Thinly slice fennel and celery—layer over a base of arugula.
- Add the shelled pistachios and grated parmesan cheese.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing on the salad and toss to coat.
- Pair with a piece of simply grilled salmon or chicken.