These pecan pie bites are my go-to around the holidays for a quick, nutritious dessert and minimal effort.
No Bake Pecan Pie Bites
- 1 1/2 cups of raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted pecans
- 15-16 dates (3 for the crust)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 small can of coconut cream
- Soak 12 dates in warm water for 20-30 minutes or boil in water for 10 minutes to soften
- For the pie crust, process 1.5 cups of raw walnuts with 3 dates and a shake of pink salt. Be careful not to over process.
- Push 1 tbsp of pie crust down onto a greased mini muffin tray. For easy removal, use a thin strip of parchment underneath each muffin with a small segment sticking out.
- For the filing, drain the water from your soaking dates and add them to your food processor with 1/2 cup pecans, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbsp cinnamon and 1 tsp salt with four tablespoons of warm water.
- Once you have a jam-like consistency, hand mix in 1/2 cup of dry roasted pecan pieces and then pipe the mixture on top of your crust.
- Top mini pies with 1/2 cup of pecan pieces.
- For the coconut cream topping, put can of coconut cream in the fridge the night before to a few hours before. Put the coconut cream in a bowl and whisk until whipped consistency is achieved.
- Remove your pies from the muffin tin and top with coconut cream.