Pumpkin spice and everything nice for blood sugar balance! It is time to bring out all things pumpkin spice - but this year let's skip the blood sugar spike by adding in protein and using whole foods to make these delicious, refined sugar free pumpkin spice muffins.I love adding a scoop of my Be Well By Kelly protein powders to baked goods to increase my protein intake and still enjoy tasty treats, all while balancing my blood sugar.
- 2 scoops of BWBK protein (2 vanilla scoops or 1 vanilla and 1 unflavored scoop for a less sweet alternative)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda or powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl, whisk together to create your batter.
- Pour into a greased muffin tin. I used Primal Kitchen avocado oil.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Makes 8 muffins or you can use a smaller tray for more.
- Enjoy with Ghee or grass-fed butter