If you love warm oatmeal on a cold morning, this protein packed, fiber-rich and grain-free alternative is here to support your blood sugar and hit the seasonal spot!This is the same technique you would use if you were making cream of wheat, oatmeal or grits but it’s balanced with protein, fat, and fiber to keep you full for 4-6 hours.
- 1 cup of your favorite nut milk
- 1 serving of BWBK vanilla protein
- 1 serving of masala chai concentrate, liquid or powder (I opt for unsweetened chai and use the vanilla protein to sweeten the pudding)
- 2 tablespoons of Chia
- 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons of flax meal
- 1 tablespoon of coconut cream (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut cream, chilled
- In a high speed blender, blend your nut milk, protein powder, and chai concentrate to make the liquid base for your “faux meal”.
- Heat up frying pan on the stove over medium heat. Add chia, flax and hemp to the pan and pour your liquid over the top. Stir continuously for about five minutes or until your seeds are thick and gelatinous. Then, transfer the mixture to a serving bowl.
- To make coconut cream, blend chilled coconut cream from a can in your Vitamix or whisk in a large bowl to create a creamy consistency.
- Top it with a dollop of whipped coconut cream and a shake of cinnamon and enjoy!