My vote for a hearty, satisfying meal!
*Makes 8 meatballs, for 2 servings
- 1 pound 100% grass-finished ground beef (or protein of your choice)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup ground flax meal
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1½ teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced or dried parsley
- 1 (16-ounce) jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- Grated goat’s- or sheep’s-milk Parmesan cheese or yogurt, for serving (optional)
- Zucchini or squash zoodles
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, use your hands (or a wooden spoon) to combine the beef, egg, flax meal, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, onion powder, and 1 tablespoon of the parsley. The mixture should be smooth, but don’t overmix.
3. Form the mixture into meatballs about 1 inch in diameter and place them on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
4. Transfer the meatballs to a decorative oven-safe baking dish. Pour the marinara over the meatballs to cover. Bake for 5 minutes to heat and thicken the sauce.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan over the meatballs and garnish with the remaining parsley. Serve warm, with a side of zoodles.