This Italian Butter Bean Bake is a plant-based protein punch with all the warm feels from the marinara and herbs. Add this as a side or make it the main show.
- 2 cans organic butter beans
- 2 organic garlic cloves
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup pasta or marinara sauce
- ½ cup Basiltops vegan pesto
- 1 cup shredded cheese (vegan option: Daiya cheese)
- Rinse and drain butter beans
- In a pan on medium high heat, sweat minced garlic cloves and sauté onions in olive oil. Stir continuously until onions are translucent and the garlic is aromatic
- Pour baked beans into sautéed pan and stir to warm. Allow onion, garlic, and olive oil to mix thoroughly with beans for 2-5 minutes.
- Transfer beans to bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with your favorite pasta or marinara sauce.
- Place spoonful sized toppings of pesto over the beans.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and place in broiler or oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.