Herb Pesto Salad with extra nutrients from the herbs to diversify your pallet. This pesto salad is made with clean ingredients and loaded with flavor.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 1 tsp ground cumin
Pesto & Olive Oil Dressing:
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh dill
- ¼ cup mint
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼-½ cup basil tops pesto
- 1 cup raw pistachios, peeled
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cups baby arugula
- juice of 1 lemon
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onions in olive oil until soft. Stir in cumin then set aside and allow onions to cool to room temperature.
- Add all of the pesto & olive oil dressing ingredients to a food processor, then set aside.
- Add arugula, then all remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Combine with pesto and olive oil dressing. Squeeze lemon juice on top.