This is such an easy, delicious soup for fall and winter months when all we want to do is curl up on the couch.
- 4 cups chicken bone broth (vegetable broth optional)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or algae oil
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee (avocado oil optional)
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Tuscan kale (ribs removed)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes (chopped with seeds removed)
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and sweat until they begin to soften, approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add thyme and oregano and salt and stir for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add the broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale, tomatoes, carrots, celery, white beans and the broth. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the vegetables are warm, approximately 20 minutes.