Was it just me or was that the fastest summer ever? Back to school can be such a fun time but it can also be chaotic and stressful. Sometimes I long for my slow mornings sipping coffee in my PJs and then I see Bash’s proud face heading onto the school’s campus and my heart is full…But seriously, stop growing! <cry emoji>
Making sure schedules are set, backpacks are packed, and everyone’s healthy is another level of taking care. I wanted to share my short list of the ways I’ve been taking care of the fam this week.
Preparing the Cupboards:
- Favorite “throw it in because I have no time but I still care” nutrient-dense snacks:
- Chomps and Paleovalley (80% off rn!) beef sticks
- Thrive Market or local grocer Olive packs - we’re just looking for olives (ideally organic) and seasonings.
- Thrive Market or local grocer Poshi veggie packs - tasty, marinated asparagus, artichokes, and more my kiddos devour
- Go Raw sprouted pumpkin seed packs
- Brami lupini bean snacks - plant based protein rich in vitamins and minerals
- Lesser evil organic popcorn snack packs - made with coconut or avocado oil, or ghee
- GimMe or Thrive Market Seaweed packs
- Welly first aid kit: I’ve found this is the perfect travel size first aid kit to keep in the glove compartment of both cars since we’re much more on the move.
- Think Baby sunscreen (zinc only): I like to put a layer of sunscreen on Bash before I send him off to school. This should probably do the trick all day even though I include a travel size in his backpack in case it’s extra toasty.
- Children’s daily supplements: With the germs coming home from school, I love to boost my boys’ immune system with a simple 1,2, 3...
- Hiya chewable multivitamin - sweetened with monk fruit, my boys take this everyday to support their body’s immune system with 15 essential vitamins and minerals (KELLY for 50% off first order)
- Seed PDS-08TM Pediatric Daily Synbiotic -it’s finally here! I have been waiting 4 years for this product to be developed and my kids are both on it. I add it to their smoothie. (20% of first month with BEWELLBYKELLY)
- NowFoods or Thorne D3K2
Preparing for School:
- Planet box stainless steel bento box: ditch the harmful toxins and enjoy the functionality of the 5-compartment bento box with a stainless steel bowl great for your favorite Fab4 bowl recipes
- Silicon snack bags: you can even label and erase easily with chalk markers
- State Kane backpack (Navy/Blue): For safety reasons, I prefer to engrave with Bash’s initials rather than full name.
- Personalized Yeti (18oz): Bash is drinking more water and the last thing I want to do is slow that down! Hydration improves his bodily functions, mood, attention and memory. The school prefers we label everything but I decided to personalize this time since his name was rubbed off with a marker more than once last year (and let’s be honest, who can bear to lose something so expensive?). The straw cap helps with spills.
- Think Baby face stick (zinc only) - more options in my FREE clean beauty guide
Stay tuned for an upcoming blog post on EASY lunches for school or for parent/nanny-led picnics. Some of these take only 5 mins to prepare in the morning so you won’t want to miss them!